Aeronautical Analyst - Charting
Aeronautical Analyst - Charting
Position Type: Permanent Full-Time
Department: Charting Production
Location: Hersham, UK
The role of Aeronautical Analyst requires the candidate to interpret different formats of state published aeronautical data and translate this into a common Navtech aeronautical chart specification. Aeronautical charts are used as a navigational tool by commercial airlines and the general aviation industry, amongst others. Working as part of a small geographic team within the department, the candidate would be responsible for the production of new charts and the maintenance of the existing portfolio. Navtech Charts are produced using a CAD package and other specialised software. The position requires working to strict deadlines and ensuring all charts are produced to the highest quality standard due to their flight safety critical nature.
All applicants must possess strong analytical skills, be self motivated and work well, both independently and within a team. The candidate must have the ability to meet deadlines and take responsibility for producing a high quality product.
- Analyse and evaluate NOTAM’s, AIP’s, AIP supplements and other recognised aeronautical documents related to the product
- Digitally produce Navtech charts to the required specification, using Microstation and other company software
- Production of flight safety critical documentation
- Ensure workload is planned and prioritised to achieve pre-determined deadlines
- Ensure all internal quality procedures are adhered to at all times to meet external quality standards
- Maintain a good working knowledge of International Civil Aviation requirements, including EASA regulations
- Participate as an effective team member to meet departmental goals and objectives
- Liaise with employees across company sites with regard to product or production
- Ensure good housekeeping and Health & Safety is maintained at all times
- Participate in the maintenance and expansion of the Navtech chart portfolio
- Respond quickly and accurately to customer requests to ensure customer satisfaction
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Aviation experience and/or interest
- Demonstrate computer proficiency
- Attention to detail/quality minded
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability of working to deadlines
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Self motivated
- Must work effectively as part of a team as well as independently
- CAD (Microstation) education and/or experience
- Cartography, Geography education and/or experience
- Air navigation industry education and/or experience
- PPL or equivalent
Navtech, Inc. is a leading global provider of flight operations solutions, serving more than 350 airlines and aviation services customers. Navtech’s product suite includes aeronautical charts, navigation data solutions, flight planning, aircraft performance software (take-off/landing, weight and balance), and crew planning solutions. Many of Navtech’s products can be configured as part of an Electronic Flight Bag solution, including take-off data calculation, weight and balance, and aeronautical charts. These products, supported by Navtech’s AS9100 and ISO: 9001 certification, directly support millions of flights each year and help Navtech customers maximize efficiency, reduce costs, ensure compliance with complex national and international safety regulations, and effectively deliver their services.
Located at the Hersham Place Technology Park which is 15 minutes walk from the Hersham Station, Navtech is close to Hersham Village Green (3.5 acres) and shopping complex. The area has a great deal to offer everyone including, Brooklands Motor Race Track and Museum, State of the art leisure facilities at Walton-on-Thames including indoor pool, climbing wall, multi-purpose hall gym etc. In addition, our onsite facilities include restaurant, café, onsite convenience shop, fitness centre and car parking. We also enjoy:
- Strong work-life balance with flexible hours
- Laid back, friendly environment
- Casual dress code
- Competitive pension plan
- An active social group
Not to mention, the aviation industry’s ongoing transformation means we must continually innovate and rise to the many challenges faced by our customers. We are always looking for ways to innovate and improve processes and technologies.
Navtech is happy to make accommodations for people with disabilities.
How to Apply:
Candidates who are interested in joining the Navtech team are invited to submit their cover letter and CV, highlighting their work experiences and skills via email to Rozina Joseph at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for applying. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
- Thursday, October 16, 2014Customer Service Representative - Production Support
- Thursday, October 16, 2014Account Representative
- Thursday, October 16, 2014Sales Director